Barangay Turod derived its name from the word turod which means hill, which is a prominent fixture in the southern part of the barangay. The origin of the name of the place is lost in legend.
The legal basis of existence of Barangay Turod emanated from Republic Act 1408 when the Barrio Lieutenant was appointed by the Alkalde and there were sitios or puroks in the barangay. There were also four (4) councilmen to compliment the four (4) sectors at the time, namely: Education, Health, Livelihood, and Peace and Order.
Later on came Republic Act 3590 revising the Barrio Charter changing the Tiniente Del Barrio to Barangay Captain. After Presidential Decree 86 came thereby creating in the Poblacion a Citizen Assembly. Eventually, Batasang Pambansa Bilang 337 followed providing for a Local Government Code which is being used up to now.